Chapter 2 ~ Awakening

>> 3/14/10

Really short post, only 15 screens, but hopefully it's enough to satisfy a bit. Really just a bridge to the next post. Most likely I will be doing shorter posts from her on due to time constraints etc.
Uhm... Let's see, language, nothing to terrible just language and an awakening 80). Enjoy!!

The night was fucked, plain and simple. Carter had taken the lower rooms and the damned lupusnox had taken the spare bedroom leaving him with Lydie’s room. Her scent had surrounded him making it impossible to sleep especially when he was now up in the air towards her.
After hours of tossing and turning he had finally given up on getting any rest, headed for a long hot shower, stood in the steaming hot water until it turned cold. “Damnation…” he growled wrapping a towel about his waist as he stepped out of the shower.
To think I was ready to love her… problem was he wasn’t entirely sure that he could stop it now that his heart was involved, frustrated he stormed from the bathroom.
Turning towards the window he saw the magenta and pink glow that stretched it’s fingers deep into the purple of the sky, the sun was rising. This house had been built with specially treated UV reflecting glass so that Carter could spend all his time in the presence of Trysten. A plus for Jayden, considering the moment the suns rays touched him, he’d be turned to ash.
Enthralled he made his way towards the door, incapable of taking his eyes off the majestic dawn of a new day he watched as the sun slowly rise over the horizon. Wishing he could stand out in the chilled morning air and hear the tinkling sound of breaking glass that sounded the moment the flaming ball shot forth into the sky.
A vision that he’d once been incapable of missing, his favorite time of the day but this time it filled him with sorrow, for it was a magical moment and he found himself wishing that Lydie were there to witness his first sunrise in over seven hundred years. Realized that he wanted to feel the warmth of her body against his, hold her in his arms and tell her he loved her.

Hell, it wasn’t her fault that the gods had chosen her for him, just as it wasn’t his fault that Carter had taken from him Alaine. Sure he’d loved the beautiful kind soul, but there was just something about Lydie that drew him unlike any other.

What was it? Her innocence, her fire?... Shaking his head he dismissed both, not even he could put his finger on it, all he knew is from the moment he’d first met her at that night club she’d entranced him, filled him with a golden warmth. Still he’d fought it and now he couldn’t help but feel that if he had just given her what she wanted he would still be happy in his own particular innocence.

“I’d hoped you’d be awake,” Carter’s misery filled voice cut through his thoughts the moment the sun shot forward bathing the outside and the room in a golden glow, the sound of his once dear friends voice coursing a shudder of disgust through him.
Carter was the last person he cared to see, the last in which he wanted to spend this magical moment in the presence of, “I don’t care to speak with you Carter,” he snarled through clenched teeth, not bothering to face the elder.
“I know I have wounded you, I only hope that your broken trust in me doesn’t affect what emotions you have developed for Lydie.”
Spinning on his heel he glared into the mans face, acidic heat filling his stomach, each passing second causing the sensation to grow larger until thunderbolts seemed to shoot through his entire being. “I assure you Carter,” his tone was filled with venom and the angry mass was steadily building until its pressure began to spin out of control.
Clenching his fists at his side he turned his eyes away, worried at just what this new power was and what it would end up doing. “You have done far worse than break my trust, you have deceived me to an unforgivable point.” He had to clench his eyes closed as his body trembled with a foreign need for release. Release of what Jayden wasn’t sure he wanted to know, but whatever it was he had the sick feeling that it wasn’t going to be good.
“Jay…”
Lights flickered behind his closed lids, little sparks of multiple hues, suddenly they flew open and before he could stop himself he’d locked onto the elder, horror engulfing him as Carter flew backwards and slammed against the door.
“I told you I don’t wish to talk to you…” He snarled his own voice taking on an omnipotent rumble that vibrated the air in an unearthly manner. Frightened he stepped back his hands quacking as the energy built again, “Get out now Carter…” he growled in fear and frustration, his voice wavering slightly as voices filled his thoughts. Voices that he recognized despite their odd language, one in particular awakening his senses, the voice of his mother...

To Be Continued, Next update Lydie, Trysten, and the mysterious man from Altoriah...

19 comments:

Van March 15, 2010 at 5:12 PM  

Fifteen shots isn't short! Then again, this is coming from someone who feels no shame about posting only four...

Jayden always has such raw emotion. He's a wonderful character to read--so complex, yet so understandable. You can see exactly where he's coming from, but there's still this mystery about him.

Do you happen to remember where you got Carter's hair, by any chance? If you don't, that's no big deal.

Great chapter, Cherie! :D

cheripye March 15, 2010 at 8:04 PM  

Thanks Dinuriel! I am glad he is coming across well 80). I love Jay he's a snarling bombastic cuddly son of a gun LOL!

Carter's hair, well I want to say GOS but I could be wrong, when I go into the game tomorrow I will check it out and send you the information. 80)

I try to post something a bit longer than uhm I think about 1000 words LOL! and the fifteen pics did seem to work out. Man you're quick I havent posted the announcement yet and sometimes four works 80). LOL! Actually this has been ready to go for uh... about a month. LOL! but I have been himming and hawing over whether I wanted to add more. But this length worked. 80)

Thanks for reading and commenting. 80)

S.B. March 16, 2010 at 8:03 AM  

Great update! Jayden is just one open wound, isn't he? Poor guy, never catches a break. Loved the sequence when he's thinking about the sunrise.

Beautiful shots, gorgeous lighting and color!

And please, if you have a choice, keep the chapters short. Fifteen shots certainly isn't too short at all! It's so much easier to read when people keep them short. You don't lose any drama!

It's good to see you writing again!

cheripye March 16, 2010 at 9:36 AM  

Thank you SB!

Yes he is isnt he, lol! amazing how a character can grow and change, and it really does seem this story is more about him 80)

I didnt do too much to the shots, only added in the background for the sunrise etc. and enhanced a couple 80) But I am rather pleased with them.

Shorter posts are much easier for me to handle now, I dont have nearly as much time as I used to. 80) So I most likely will. No more than 25 screens at a time and maybe I can post a bit quicker now. 80)

Thanks for readng and commenting I am glad you enjoyed!

thewynd March 17, 2010 at 8:40 PM  

Jayden has really come into his power hasn't he? Quite a turn of events with Carter being the weaker man here.

I loved the idea of him being in Lydie's room, closer to the air. Wanting to share the sunrise with her was bittersweet.

I loved what you did with this and I hope you can keep going. Short is good and the story is compelling. As always your shots are incredible!

NördHrafn March 20, 2010 at 6:18 AM  

That was really, really good! both parts! I am most definitly going to keep an eye on when the next part is out. :)

Unknown March 20, 2010 at 7:02 AM  

As always, you have the best descriptive writing.

Hum, Jayden's showing a whole new side of himself. I'm sure that kind of power is more likely to scare the crap out him than anything else. ;)

1000 words, 15 shots is average for me. It is so much easier to manager, no question there. And here, it was just the right length to give the update mystery.

cheripye March 21, 2010 at 1:22 PM  

Thanks Gayl,

Yes his powers are definately coming into play now, something has changed but what??? LOL! and most definately Carter is weaker in all essence, he's a Nightwalker God, LOL! and has compassion unlike his father, mother or the few NW's that will come into play eventually. But Jay hmmm... So much beneath his skin and we're just now learning his truest capabilities. 80)

I had to have in Lyd's room... It's a mandatory 80)

Short is going to be much easier for me to handle, with time constraints etc. But it works and it seems not just for me 80)

Thanks on the screens, everyone's are always so stunning and I am still learning PS, so any good tutorials or advice very much appreciated.

Thanks for Reading!

cheripye March 21, 2010 at 1:24 PM  

Azzy,

Thank you so much for reading! I am glad that you enjoyed and really glad that you commented. No promises on the next part, I have alot of timing issues but I am hoping these nice short ones will help 80)

Thanks for reading again and commenting!!

Unknown March 22, 2010 at 9:46 AM  

As always, you're descriptive writing is a treat. It brings Jayden's feelings and the sunrise into sharp focus for all to feel as well as Jay.

Oh, my Jay does have some whole new powers that's going to take him by major surprise. Just wait until he learns out to use them, his anger can take on a whole new aspect. I'm sure he'll love them once he figures them out, if the voices don't drive him nuts first.

Nicely done, and no it's not too short. 15 pictures and 1000 is typical for me. I find it works very well that way, very manageable.

cheripye March 22, 2010 at 10:44 AM  

Thank You Lachesis! I am so glad that came out, I really tried hard on this one, minus the quacking at the end LOL!

Hmmm... I have been struggling a bit, a new character will be the first he learns to really control them on LOL!

yeah those voices will get you every time 80) but they're intergal in his harnessing this new found ability.

Good 15 it will be much easier to handle 80)

Thanks again for reading and commenting 80)

KDSGS March 23, 2010 at 8:09 AM  

Short is good. People must love my updates, where I think 25 shots is short, LOL!

This is great, I love Jayden's insight here, his feelings are certainly in a jumble, and who can blame him? Carter's betrayal just picked at that scab.

Great descriptive writing, no one does it like you, the sunrise, the turmoil Jay is feeling, all 'stunning', mate.

And in this turmoil, Jay shows the depth of his power, or is it just the tip of the iceberg!

Well done mate!

cheripye March 23, 2010 at 9:41 AM  

Thanks Drew!!!

LOL! Short this is really short, but so much easier to handle!

I am so glad all of that came through! This believe it or not, was a difficult piece it didnt quite feel sufficient in the emotional aspect. 80) and yeah the scab is gone...

Yep tip of the iceberg, Carter didnt realize it but he really helped in awakening something in jay. Whoa to those who piss him off. LOL!

Thanks for the great compliment!!!! and thanks for reading 80)

Qui. March 25, 2010 at 3:04 PM  

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE Dark Eyes so when I saw this, I was so excited! (smh)

Why do men always wait until we are gone to realize they really love us. Jayden knew it before she was gone but you know what I mean lol.

Adding you to my reads list, I hope you don't mind.

cheripye March 25, 2010 at 3:58 PM  

Thank you Qui,

I am so glad you liked it 80)!!

Exactly why do they alway realize after?? LOL!

Thanks for reading and commenting and feel free to add to your reading list 80)

S@n April 16, 2010 at 7:49 AM  

I'm finally here!
This was fantastic Cherie, and I agree, it wasn't short at all.. your writing is just so freaking good that I don't really need any pictures to go with it, and of course I don't go counting how many pictures you have in every update!!!!

even if you had 2 or 3, I bet it will be just as fantastic as if it had 80 pics.

I really have to ask you... how in the world did you get that sun rinse picture? is it photoshop?
I was staring at that picture and WOW, it really blew my mind away... it is Beautiful, the colors are breathtaking...I have to do a close up on that one, and it is flawless. I don't really think it is photoshop... so if you have cheat that allows those effects, please do let me know...

The writing is flawless it moves smoothly, it is intriguing and complex. you really did capture Jay's feelings perfectly, you captured the mood so perfectly... I'm always in awe and so jealous of your writing! You really are an inspiration!

Wonderful job!!!
And sorry it took me forever to get here!

cheripye April 16, 2010 at 8:22 AM  

Hi S@ndy!

Thank you so much! and no worries the stories are always here. 80) Yeah this many screens is definately easier to manager 80) Hugs!

Actually it is Photoshop LOL! I used one of your tutorials to figure out how to do these types of things. LOL! I just adjusted the coloring on a couple to make them a bit more colorful 80)

Yes Jay is really really getting it from all sides of the stick here. 80) And there's still more to come. 80)

Thank you again it means so much!!

S@n April 16, 2010 at 12:36 PM  

:O
Cherie, you really did a good job with the photoshop!!! I really thought it was a hack or something, like I said before, I did a close up on the shots and they were flawless...
it is really hard to get such a perfect photoshop when you have windows and doors in a pictures...I can never get it right, but you did an awesome job, and the shots are beautiful, they really do complement your beautiful-amazing writing skills!!
I'm so looking for more ... I wont get all behind again...unless you update like every other day... lol...
Anyway, once again, really beautiful shots and amazing writing like always!!!
Great job!!!

cheripye April 16, 2010 at 2:35 PM  

I know what you mean S@ndy! I couldnt use one picture that I had wanted to for that reason exactly the multitude of colors made it look bad. LOL! even still there are a couple in here too. 80)

No worries if you do fall behind, I am so behind myself and trying to get caught up 80) and you are an extremely talented Writed yourself, speaking of I need to catch up. 80)

Thank you so much again!

Mascot

Mascot
KKC-Ass

Dark Eyes Eternus Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Who's Where

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP